Thursday, February 3, 2011

Classroom 2.0

So the assignment is to blog about anything, and I'm sure nobody wants to hear about how messed up things are in my life right now, so I will discuss Classroom 2.0! I signed up for an account, because I hope to use technology to assist my high school students in learning math. I had never seen any technology, other than calculators and  projectors, used in a high school math class until I visited Farragut High School two years ago. A teacher was using a SmartBoard to teach Algebra to his students. My initial response was fear that I would not be prepared to use such technology in my classroom. I then felt excited to have such a great teaching tool available to me that teachers didn't have twenty years ago. I thought using a SmartBoard was the only thing that I could do differently than my high school teachers. However, Classroom 2.0 allows me to communicate with teachers in other areas of the country. These teachers not only share things that work for them in their classrooms, they also share online tools and resources that can be used to integrate technology into the learning experience. I would recommend Classroom 2.0 to all teachers and future teachers.

No comments:

Post a Comment