Monday, January 31, 2011

What Have I Learned About Evaluating Websites

I learned that it is not always easy to locate necessary information, such as, the last revision date of a website. It is also sometime difficult to specify who the author of a site is. Evaluating the credibility of a site is important and sometimes it takes a little fishing around to get the facts.
As I plan to teach high school math, it is very hard for me to see how I would use these skills in my classroom. It is beneficial to be able to effectively evaluate a website. However, I can not think of how this will help my students excel in solving math problems. On the other hand, I will most likely also be a "home room teacher" for at least one hour per day each week. During this time I will probably be expected to assist my students in improving their reading levels. It would be possible to integrate the usage of web resources in this sort of class, so it would be beneficial for my students to be able to evaluate websites. Writing a research papers is a requirement for most introductory English courses in colleges, so this would also help my students be better prepared for college work.

No comments:

Post a Comment