Monday, February 14, 2011

WebQuests

I don't remember doing anything like this when I was in school, but it seems pretty neat. Is the main purpose to get students more engaged in the material or to get students to explore technology? I could definitely use WebQuests to relate math to realistic situations. This is a great way to engage students that don't really like math. However, I can see how time consuming developing and utilizing WebQuests may be. And it takes a lot of creativity to develop a WebQuest that is fun, interactive, and follows the standards of the curriculum. This teaching tool could be used as an end of unit project that ties together the main ideas. I saw a lot of WebQuest that didn't seem very effective, so I am not sure if it is worth all of the time and effort that some people put into them. I don't think I would like to make one from scratch.

No comments:

Post a Comment