Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Lesson Planning

It is obviously very important for teachers to plan their lessons and be prepared for class each day. I just find it more difficult to plan for high school math classes. Most people have had pretty much the same experiences with high school math classes. You usually go to class and take notes. It is more difficult for us math people to do really engaging things in our classrooms because we have not seen this first hand. I hope that the internship year will expose me to some really great teachings styles and activities that stray from the norm. I am also looking forward to learning more about the online resources available for high school math teachers. Working on the lesson plan, it was difficult for me to think of accommodations that could be made. I look forward to talking to teachers about the things that they do in their classes to accommodate the needs of students with disabilities. As this is my first semester taking any education classes, and I am taking four this semester, it is difficult for me to have answers to "what would you do in your classroom" questions. It is a little scary because I will be teaching very soon, and I have spent so much of my college career in classes that had nothing to do with education. I still have a strong passion for teaching and I look forward to learning ways to improve my lesson plans so that I can become the awesome, prepared teacher that I have always wanted to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment