Thursday, March 3, 2011

Glogging???

Ok, so the glogster website says stop blogging and start glogging. I really don't see how the two are similar. Glogster seems like a great tool to display information, but it is probably not the best online tool to exchange information, as blogs do. 
Glogs are great for creatively displaying classroom rules, but I think it would be really great if they could be printed out as a poster that could be displayed in the classroom. I think it is most useful for students to use to create about me pages, book reports, or other projects that have traditionally been done using poster boards. Its a very green approach to creating posters. On the other hand, I don't like how they try to upsell their products. For example, while I was creating a glog and I tried to use a certain tool from the magnet tool and most of the tools listed are not available with the free account. This is disturbing. If students are using this, they do not need to be distracted by all the things they could do if they were to upgrade to a premium account.

No comments:

Post a Comment